The beauty behind the kitchen featured in this week’s mood board lies in its color palette. The focal point of this space is the stunning, highly-polished granite counter, and around it, the entire design was founded. It’s a mix of black, gray, and white, and certainly makes a statement in the kitchen.
The overall design of this space is mostly modern, with a touch of traditional, making it the perfect transitional kitchen. The fireclay sink and vintage-styled faucets play to the more traditional side of the design, whereas the steely, monochromatic color scheme incorporates modern aspects.
Sticking to a black and white color scheme can be challenging, but it’s executed extremely well here. Every element fits into the monochromatic palette: gray walls, white fireclay and stainless steel sinks, pewter fixtures, white subway tile, white cabinets, black floors, a black range, and a steel and glass range hood.
What’s especially great about this design is how the accessories are strategically placed to complement the design. Introducing wood in the cutting board, knife block, and window treatments warms and softens the cool tones. The large windows also generate an abundance of natural lighting, opening the space and making it more welcoming.
Get the look with Whitehaus:
- WHFLQ3018 Quatro Alcove Single Bowl Fluted/Decorative Lip Fireclay Sink in White
- WHNDBU3318 Noah’s Collection double bowl undermount sink in Brushed Stainless Steel
- 3-3185 Essexhaus Single lever handle faucet with a traditional swivel spout and a solid brass side spray in Pewter
- WHKCR3-4400 Vintage III widespread faucet with long traditional swivel spout, cross handles and solid brass side spray in Pewter
- WHSD125 Solid brass soap/lotion dispenser in Pewter
- WH72 Decorative Cabinetry Hardware Metal Pull Handle in Satin Nickel
- WH74 9″ Curved Metal Pull Handle in Satin Chrome
The base image source was found through Houzz.com here.