The key factor to designing a traditional kitchen is its welcoming feel. There are a few elements that are a sure-fire hit if incorporated into your traditional design. The kitchen featured in today’s mood board is an example of using those elements to create warmth and a successful traditional space.
The first way to create a welcoming environment is an open concept. Having a floor plan that allows for open communication between the living room, dining room and kitchen is ideal for a traditional space because it acts as an unspoken invitation for entering and utilizing the space. Make sure to keep a consistency in mind when designing this concept. Floors should be the same throughout, and color palettes should be similar among the rooms.
To evoke warmth, your color palette should be, obviously, warm. The kitchen in this mood board uses warm neutrals with high contrast to create a visually stimulating space. Sticking with beiges and browns will make the space feel brighter, warmer and more welcoming.
What works best for the kitchen in this week’s mood board is its lighting. The fixtures above the island are a focal point and definitely stand out. The natural lighting, however, is what brings added warmth to the room. It complements the color palette and completes the look of the traditional kitchen.
Get the look with Whitehaus:
- 3-3190 Legacyhaus single lever handle faucet with traditional swivel spout and solid brass side spray in Pewter
- WHFH-H4640 Instant hot water dispenser Forever Hot with gooseneck spout and self closing handle in Pewter
- WHKPFSLV3-9000 Vintage III wall mount pot filler with lever handle in Pewter
- WHFLDI3018 Whitehaus Collection Diamondhaus Single Bowl Fireclay Sink in White
- WH201 Solid brass soap/lotion dispenser in Pewter