Walk-in showers have been a standard of luxury for years, but recently that standard is becoming outdated. Adding features such as a rainfall showerhead, body sprays and a bench is a great way to upgrade your shower; however, turning your bathroom into a wet room is a way to bring unprecedented style to your walk-in shower.
A wet room is a bathroom where the shower is open or set behind a single wall, the floor area is flush with the floor of the rest of the room and the water drains through an outlet set into the floor. In the base image in this week’s mood board, the shower is set behind a thin, glass partition. In addition, the floor in the shower is the same floor as the rest of the room, with no lip separating it. This makes it the perfect example of an effective wet room.
There are a lot of additional features one can include in a wet room, but our favorite is the freestanding bathtub. Adding this to a wet room enhances the overall aesthetic and provides a stylish option for those who enjoy long, relaxing baths.
Get the look with Whitehaus:
- WHVT180BATH Bathhaus Oval double ended single sided acrylic freestanding bathtub
- WHT8868S Whitehaus Collection Freestanding single lever tub filler
- WHMFL3351-EB Magic Flush Dual Siphonic Flush One Piece Eco-friendly Toilet Elongated
- WHKN1051 Isabella round above mount basin with overflow and center drain
- 3-4444C Venus single hole/single lever elevated lavatory faucet in Polished Chrome
- WHLX78129 Metrohaus shower set includes slidebar, hand held shower and hose in Polished Chrome
- WH139 Showerhaus round showerhead with 8 spray jets – solid brass construction with adjustable ball joint in Polished Chrome
- WHSA165-2 Showerhaus short solid brass shower arm with solid brass escutcheon in Polished Chrome